Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Yay! Lynn Lorenz is here!

Okay,

I need to contain my excitement. Breathe, Rosanna, breathe. You can't blame me. It's not everyday a gal has Lynn  Lorenz visiting her blog! Lynn is an accomplished author and really nice woman who always lends a hand to newbie authors. Lynn, thanks for being here!

And now, please read on for my interview with Lynn and info on her fabulous books!


RL) Did you always want to be an author?  If not, what else would you have done?

LL)No. I studied Fine Art and wanted to be a famous artist. I love to draw and paint and work in water colors and acrylics. But no luck – so I had to get a real job! I wrote in high school and college, and then stopped. I picked up writing again around 2006, sold my first book (not the first book I wrote) in 2008 and I haven’t stopped yet!

If I couldn’t be a writer, I’d be a master gardener. I love plants and flowers and love putting them in the ground, like a canvas, creating color, form and motion with them.


RL) What is the strangest job you ever had and why?

LL)I sold aluminum siding by phone. We were in this weird metal building and there was about 6 of us ladies making cold calls. I was in college at the time. It was awful.


RL) What is your favourite book of all time and why?

LL)I think I can read To Kill A Mockingbird over and over and still cry every time. Being from the south, it speaks to me, really reminds me of both the beauty and ugliness of my roots and how to rise above them.

RL) Describe your ideal hero (details please! *wink wink*)

LL) He would have to be ruggedly handsome, a little weathered, experienced not just sexually, but emotionally. When you look in his eyes you can see it all, the pain, the joy, and when he’d look at me, I’d see desire and happiness. Ideally, he’d be a cowboy, but just as comfortable in a black tie tux as in his jeans and boots. He’d have gracious southern manners, a wicked smile, and a slow southern drawl. He’d move easily, with purpose, but without rushing. He’d love kids, his momma, and animals, know how to use a gun, but not brag about it, have a strong sense of right and wrong, and stand up for those weaker than he.

RL) If you could share a romantic evening with any character from romance literature (any genre), who would it be and what would you do to him (ahem! With him)?

LL) Provided I could be myself at 25??? Cuz me now, well, I wouldn’t be able to do much. (I’m married) I love historicals, so if I were 25 and some gorgeous Viking marauder happened to stumble into my bedroom, I guess I’d let him do whatever he wanted to do to me! Go berserk!! Show me his long boat!! Whip me into a frenzy!!

RL) What comes first for you: plot or character?

LL) Characters. I’m a very character driven writer. But I do love a good plot.

RL) Who is, hands down, the sexiest male actor of all time?

LL) Alan Rickman.
RL) Describe your writing style please.

LL)I think I mix humour, hot sexual tension, and a dollop of angst, with characters you fall in love with, to create easy to read stories about them struggling to find their happily ever after.

RL) Who is your favourite author and why?

LL) I have so many – both in romance and in non-romance, which is what I’ve more widely read. I love mysteries, suspense, and action. Tony Hillerman (Jim Chee and Joe Leaphorn mysteries) and James Dos (Charlie Moon mysteries) for their Native American characters. Early Stephen King, for the sheer fear he invokes. Harper Lee, cuz she wrote TKAM, of course.  And for absolute southern charm, Fannie Flagg – she’s hysterical.

RL) What is on the horizon for you? Any interesting news or books we should know about?

LL) I’m working on my Rougaroux Social Club series, about a pack of Cajun werewolves, and plan on writing several more books. Also, I just started the WereWolf Fight League series, about a future/alternate world where werewolves are bought and sold and fight in cage matches for their mates.

You should see more of both of those this year. Next year, I’ll do another in the historical series In The Company Of Men, which takes place in medieval times.

And of course, I’ve got a few of my Hearts of New Orleans novellas coming along too.
















The next installment in the McCallan's Legacy is now here....


McCallan's Heart by Lynn Lorenz
The McCallan Legacy, Book 2
Liquid Silver Books
Paranormal Romance/Shape-shifter
Buy at http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=linda018&product_name=McCallan%27s+Heart&return_page=&user-id=&password=&exchange=&exact_match=exact


Tori McCallan has left home and the life she knew with her mom and brothers. Life at home was fine, if you liked being bossed around by a couple of arrogant werewolves who always reminded you that you weren’t one. Tori didn’t.


Russ Magnus is a rogue wolf, on the run, and without a pack. A danger to other werewolves. He’s lost everything—his home, his pack, and his mate.


When Tori stumbles into trouble in the woods where Russ is running, they both are dragged into the sights of a serial killer. With nowhere to run, but back to the home Tori left, will she bring not only a rogue wolf to her family’s door, but also a killer?


Teaser Excerpt:
Russ Magnus inhaled the clean clear scent of pines as he rode his 2000 Honda Valkyrie down the west Mississippi highway heading to the coast. The thick scent tickled his nostrils, reminding him of the part of himself he had to keep hidden. The hum of the cycle’s engine and the constant vibration between his legs barely soothed the need building in Russ over the last three days. Only one thing would, and he knew it.

Dense foliage grew to a narrow swath of cleared ground next to the blacktop road. If he pulled over and got off the bike, he’d only need to take two strides to reach the pines. And safety.

He snorted. No place was safe for a rogue wolf.

Still, the forest tempted him. Lured him with promises of pleasure, freedom, and a fresh kill.

Russ glanced into his rearview mirror. The vacant road behind him rose in undulating hills, climbing higher and higher to the north. Ahead of him, the last few miles would level out the softly rolling hills and he’d return to the flat land of the gulf coast. Soon the pines would be replaced by scrub and palmettos and sand.

This might be his last chance to taste freedom.

And it might be the stupidest chance he ever took.

“Fuck it,” he swore with a chest-rumbling growl.

Ahead, a red dirt road, no more than two tire ruts in width, peeled off from the highway. Russ slowed, took the turn and eased the big bike down the narrow lane until he found a place to stash it.
He killed the engine, pocketed the keys in his jeans and swung a long leg over the seat. Pausing long enough to scent the air around him, he searched the woods for movement and listened for sounds that might be man-made.

All clear.

He removed his brown leather jacket, slinging it over the saddle of his bike. No need to remove the rest of his clothes; they would reappear when he shifted back to human. He ran his hands through his hair and stepped farther into the woods, careful not to leave any tracks. His sturdy work boots, the kind sold by the thousands all over the U.S., left only faint traces of his passing. He weaved between the young saplings and low brush, careful not to break any branches, snag any part of his clothing, or leave any trace of his blood.

Nearly twenty years of training kicked in as he worked his way deeper into the woods. The view of his bike vanished behind the curtain of underbrush. No sounds from the road entered this deep in the forest.

When the only thing he heard had been identified and attributed to natural causes, he opened himself to the urge. It filled him until it spilled out, setting off a chain reaction. Nearby, the young leaves of the dogwoods vibrated as if a tuning fork had been struck.

His close-cropped hair stood on end and the air around him wavered, rippling waves like still water broken by a single pebble. He allowed his body to go all the way. To let what he truly was, on the inside, out. To be mastered by his basest needs and emotions. To free the beast.

Pain. Relief. Release.

His change complete, the black wolf sniffed the air, confirming he was the only predator in this forest, shook himself, and then trotted off into the woods, nose down, on the hunt for his latest victim.





Don't Forget book 1 in The McCallan's Legacy~McCallan's Blood


McCallan's Blood by Lynn Lorenz
Book 1 in series
Paranormal Romance/Shape-shifter
Liquid Silver Books
Buy at http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=linda018&cart_id=19011.38860&product_name=McCallan's+Blood&return_page=&user-id=&password=&exchange=&exact_match=exact


The McCallans of central Louisiana are rich and powerful. They’re also werewolves.


Jake McCallan is the owner of McCallan Lumber and the alpha male of their small pack. His sister Tori has left to find her own life away from weres and his younger brother Trey is nothing but trouble. When Trey shows up and tells Jake about fathering a child during a one night stand, Jake throws Trey out of the pack. Then Jake tries to make it right with the mother.


Rebecca Miller has no intention of letting any McCallan run her life or her son’s, but when she meets Jake, he stirs something deep inside her, something she doesn’t want to acknowledge.


But Jake knows the truth the first time he meets the beautiful single mom.
Rebecca is his lifemate, the one woman meant for him, and she’s as drawn to him as he is to her.


And she’s had his brother’s baby.


If that’s not bad enough, while drunk, Trey’s hired a stranger to kill Rebecca and the child.


When several attempts to kill Rebecca fail, it’s up to Jake to protect his mate, even if he has to kill his brother to do it.


Lynn's books are available at
Loose Id www.loose-id.com
Amber Quill Press www.amberquillpress.com
Liquid Silver Books www.liquidsilverbooks.com
Passion In Print www.passioninprint.com
Etopia Press www.etopiapress.com

24 comments:

  1. Lynn, thanks so much for joining me! I am so pleased you could be here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview,Lynn
    And good to learn more about you!
    Congrats on the release:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm just thrilled to join you here. It's so pretty! I love the red and white print!
    Thanks for letting me hang around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes! This was an awesome interview.
    Lynn, it was wonderful getting to know better--and may I say, your excerpt rocked.
    Your books have just been brought to my attention--thank you Rosanna. So I'm going to start at the beginning with McCallan's Blood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Danita! Good to meet you! Thanks! I love me some werewolves, and the ones in Louisiana are my favs. The McCallan's are a small pack, but their ties to each other are strong. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say I loved both the Rougaroux Social Club books and enjoyed Tor. But my all time favorite is the Common Powers series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Brenda! I wanted to write a sort of Jerry Springer white trash baby momma story and this is what came out...McCallan's Blood. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi West! Love that name. My dad's best friend name (when they were alive) was Westy. We grew up (our families) together.

    I love Comman Powers too!

    I'm finishing Bayou Loup now, last 2 chatpers, and I'm having a blast with it! That Maman! she's up to no good this time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview Lynn and Rosanna - love your ideal man! And can't wait for more new books from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jianne! I had a great subject. :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Jianne!! Thanks! I'm working on them now! And thanks for coming out to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynn, you're terrific. I always enjoy learning more about you. Rosanna, good interview. I especially liked the one about describe your ideal hero in detail. Had to know that answer would be yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie! I endeavor to be yummy at all times, but Lynn makes it easy!

      Delete
  12. Lynn, wonderful interview. It is so great to meet you. I must say I'm intrigued by those books and will be adding them to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear, Savannah! Thanks for coming out to the blog.

      Delete
  13. Well thank you Allie!! I'm kinda shocked when people say they're interested in me, I always think "Me?? I'm sort of boring!" But others assure me I'm not, so I'm going with it!

    I love me some cowboy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know she didn't mention it, but I'm going to give away a ebook to one of you lucky posters!
    I'll pick the winner this evening and post it here on the blog.

    Good luck and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for clarifying Lynn. I did neglect to mention the giveaway. It'll be a nice treat for someone! :)

      Delete
  15. Wow I think I must have been living under a rock! Lynn your books look fantastic they are going on my TBR list :O) Carin
    mawmom(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carin!! Hope that rock's got AC!

      Delete
  16. Ha, I'm with the other ladies. Your ideal hero sounds pretty right on time to me. :) And your books sounds so very awesome. Definitely will be checking them out. Awesome interview, ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for giving me a try! I appreciate it, I know going with a new to you author is always a risk, that's why I love the excerpts!
      It gives you a sense of how the person writes and if you'll like the characters too.

      Delete
  17. Can Danita contact me at lynnlorenz@live.com?

    Your name was pulled for the free book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'll let Danita know! Thanks Lynn. :)

      Delete