Sunday 22 July 2012

It Ain't Easy Being Green with Belinda McBride!

Hello everyone!

I am really pleased today to be able to welcome Belinda McBride to my blog. Welcome, Belinda!

Belinda has a great new book launching at the end of the month and you will want to save the date for this one. It looks fun and fabulous! Plus The Bacchi boasts a green hottie- nothing wrong with that!

Tell us more, please, Belinda!




It Ain’t Easy Being Green

I knew  someday it would happen.

What, you ask? Well, the green alien. I knew I’d write one someday, but it took me by surprise when it actually happened.

Lefi Dhrahn is the title character of “The Bacchi” and he owes his existence to the lovely green dancing girl from Star Trek. I used to watch her and she always made me laugh with her heavy makeup and sexy costume. Of course, she was nothing more than a sexual being…a hottie for Captain Kirk to go all manly over.

Well, Lefi is that woman. He’s a Somian, which is a species from my Coalition universe. They are a twin species, always born in pairs. They are colorful, sensual and sunny natured. Some think they aren’t the sharpest knives in the drawer, but in truth, they are brilliant. And they’re happy. When I started developing Lefi, I ran through all the colors I could paint him with, but he kept coming up green…long, emerald green hair, a flush of green over his cheeks and lips. Even his nipples are green! His eyes are purple as amethysts. He’s painfully lovely and revels in his career as a Bacchi: a high class prostitute.

When I went about picking his perfect lover, I knew that man or woman must be the sort who would set him off to advantage. Someone as beautiful as he, but completely the opposite. When I first put Afton’s name to paper, I knew he’d be one of the Valoran, a species that are cerebral, humorless and direct. They are also hermaphrodites. Imagine what the Bacchi thinks of that… ;)

 Afton thinks that Lefi is amoral and frivolous, but is secretly fascinated by the Somian. And Lefi… he can’t wait to strip Afton naked and find out just what’s under that stiff black uniform. It’s not going to be easy seducing a man like Afton, but Lefi has some special goodies up his sleeve.



The Bacchi releases July 31 at http://www.loose-id.com

Belinda McBride webpage: http://www.belindamcbride.com


BLURB:

The Bacchi Lefi Dhrahn lives a life of luxury and decadence, but is tortured by memories of a lost love. He survives the pain by surrounding himself with sex, beauty and all forms of self-indulgence. When he meets the alluring Inspector Afton Teris, Lefi believes the detective will make a very nice addition to his string of conquests. 

He doesn’t count on falling in love.  

Afton Teris is a Valoran hermaphrodite and like all members of his species, is stern, cerebral and disapproves of the frivolous prostitute. Afton orients as a male, but the beautiful Lefi Dhrahn stirs him sexually, making him question everything he knows about himself. To further confuse his emotions, Afton finds himself tempted by the forbidden pleasures surrounding the Bacchi.  

When a kidnapping ring strikes close to home, the two go undercover on a brothel barge to investigate a slavery operation. There, Lefi is confronted by painful memories from his past, while Afton is faced with a horror that threatens his future, and perhaps his very life.   

Their survival lies with one another, but only if Lefi can set aside his pain and listen to his heart. 


Thanks for spending time with us, Belinda! Congrats! 




7 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining me Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda, I love the premise of your book. It is different and something new. Congrats on the fantastic release.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having me here, Rosanna! And thank you Savannah...I hope everyone loves my aliens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh your book sounds awesome--very fresh and new.
    I also love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a new premise! Sounds pretty awesome to me. I'll be sure to add this one to my TBR. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belinda, this story sounds delicious!
    Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brenda, Danita and Melissa! Thanks for joining us! Belinda's story sounds like fun, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete