Thursday 18 October 2012

DeLeetra Staley...A Little Mini-Madness!

Hi all;

I'm very pleased today to introduce you to a hot, young author who I originally met on Goodreads. She has really impressed me with her go-get'em attitude and passion for her work. DeLeetra Staley has a hot new book entitled A Little Mini-Madness, and you need to check it out. And you can do so here...see how convenient I make things for you? :)

DeLeetra, take it away!


Bio:

DeLeetra J. Staley author of A Little Mini-Madness.  I was born and raised in the South.  I am 32 years old and my passion for reading lead to my finally writing. I have one brother, two sisters, a niece and nephew who I love so much.  My mother and father have always encouraged me to do what makes me happy.  I have a degree in biology and I work in a library on a college campus.  I have always had stories in my head just floating around and then one day a few years ago I decide to put one on paper.  I have been written my thoughts (poetry) down for years, but never a novel.  This has been the most nerve racking, wonderful, crazy experience of my life.  I am blessed beyond measure and I could not have asked for anything more then to have the novel written.  Now to have others reading my book is amazing.  I love cats and I enjoy life laughter truly is the best medicine.   

1) Did you always want to be an author?  If not, what else would you have done?

No, honestly I went to college and studied biology.  I had every intention of becoming a wildlife expert with a focus in felines.  I then realized that I was not the outdoors kind of person and I am afraid of every bug there is out in the world. 

2) What is the strangest job you ever had and why?

Believe it or not all of my jobs were normal I worked at a hotel, temp. agency, pharmacy, bookstore and library.  Now, I have met some strange people, but that’s a different story for another time.

3) What is your favourite book of all time and why?

I always have a hard time answering this question I have so many the list would never end.  Hahaha I could never choose this is a conversation that could go on for years.

4) Describe your ideal hero or heroine (details please! *wink wink*)

My ideal hero is sexy, dominate, an alpha male. Confident, assertive and a bit aggressive, but I have also always had a weakness for the tortured soul.  The man that has scars you can see and the ones that reach so far within him it takes all you have to reach pass them to see your mate. He should have tattoos and nipple rings, yeah, that is hot.  He is tall, strong and extremely smart.  I find intelligence sexy a great conversationalist makes my mouth water.  Any man who can tell me what he wants to do to me and how with lots of detail, wow that is a turn on.  Tell and show throw in cooking and it is a done deal. 

5) If you could share a romantic evening with any character from romance literature (any genre), who would it be and what would you do to him/her (ahem! With him/her)?

I think if I could (because you know this is something every reader has thought about and planned out in their head) I would choose Savitor from Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark Hunter Series.  I would want us to go surfing, his character is a water baby loves to surf and be out in the waves.  Glad you changed “do” to “with” because I would do a lot to him “wink wink” hahaha.  I think a day of learning to surf and an evening of talking would be ideal. 

6) What comes first for you: plot or character?

Character, because sometimes I don’t have a plot all I have is an image of someone in my head and then things just start to flow.  Once I have the individual male or female on paper it seems as if that person stands up off the paper and says “hey let me take you on a journey because what had happened was”.  I feel like I am told what to type or put on the paper.

7) Who is, hands down, the sexiest actor of all time?

Crap another hard question.  Okay I am going to start with Sean Connery, Vin Diesel, Michael Ealy, Jason Momoa, Dwayne Johnson, James Todd Smith (LL Cool J), Ryan Gosling..... oh wait you said one yeah I can’t answer that question with just one.

8) Describe your writing style please.

It is funny because I write like I talk which makes for a bad situation.  I am so happy I have Katie M. Whitworth to edit for me.  I think that is the only style I have other then I write what I know so maybe I don’t have a style.  I just write third person, contemporary, funny, erotic romance.  Then again I am new at this so maybe my style has not fully matured if that makes sense. 

9) Who is your favorite author and why?

Favorite authors, because I have several.  The truth is to me any author who can make me have a conversation about their characters as if they are real people is my favorite.  A few are Sherrilyn Kenyon, JR Ward, Kerrelyn Sparks, Johanna Lindsay, Julia Garwood, Gena Showalter and the list goes on.  The characters are real in my mind even if they are made up. 

10) What is on the horizon for you? Any interesting news or books we should know about?

I am not sure I am taking it one cup at a time.  I have been blessed so far and I am just praying that the blessings continue.  I am working hard to promote my first book with the help of Katie M. Whitworth my publisher/editor (best friend and sister from another mother) and lots of friends and family.  I am currently working on two books the second book to A Little Mini-Madness (TGP series) and a paranormal book about I’asis Jade who has shoved her way into mind.  Ice is a bit aggressive and wants her story told, but she gets a bit stubborn and wants to tell it on her on time.   

Thank you Rosanna for having me and have a wonderful and blessed day hope to see you soon and good luck with all your endeavors. 


A Little Mini-Madness

Blurb:

Meet Quintessa Nevaeh James. A strong, independent, take charge woman with one flaw, she has a habit of thinking out loud. Quint also has an addiction to shoes, that might be reason she has no man, she's never meet a man she loved more than her heels. Quint works for TGP(Thoroughly Groomed Personnel), one of the top temp agencies in New York. She is career oriented and thinks she only needs a man for the basics, which all revolve around the bedroom. Love is for suckers as far as Quint is concerned.

In walks Alejandro Sin'Jin Galliani, a successful businessman, in desperate need of a temporary personal assistant. With his domineering, alpha male personality Quint can tell that Alejandro is a man accustomed to getting what he wants, and he wants Quint. But this time Alejandro may have bitten off more than he can chew, while Quint is wondering if there is more to this arrangement then him needing a top notch PA?

Take everyday humor and the odd things that can happen when two people fall in love, then top it off with three nosey friends, a diva Siamese cat and a witch of a boss and A Little Mini-Madness will have you wondering why everyday isn't a shoe shopping day.

 

Can be purchased online at Amazon here is the link:


 

You can get updates about new books, short stories and other information about me at:


or


 

My publisher/editor Katie M. Whitworth or Triquetra Studio’s designed the cover of A Little Mini-Madness and the link to the home page is:


or


 

5 comments:

  1. AHHHHH so excited thank you Rosanna you are the best have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, DeLeetra! You have a great one too!

      Delete
  2. Cool interview. Awesome you have your family behind you. I hope you have much success.

    Cora Blu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice interview.
    You and I share the same taste in author, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda! DeLeetra and I appreciate you dropping by- thanks!

      Delete